October 22, 2020: Vermi-Composting Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
Green Okanagan is hosting an all-inclusive vermi-composting workshop!
What will I be doing at the event? GO’s vermi-composting workshop is a hands-on evening where you will be learning all about this form of composting whilst making your own system to take home with you. At this event you will:
- Build your own vermi-composting system and learn about it's operation + low-maintenance
- Be provided all materials needed (including the worms!)
- Learn the ins and outs of zero-waste living!
What is the cost? The supplies, instruction, and activities of this event are valued at over $110 per person. You will pay a reduced rate thanks to the generous donations provided by the Urban Systems Foundation. We are thankful for their support!
- Regular Ticket = $71.75
- Student Ticket = $51.75
- **To obtain student pricing, please contact Green Okanagan at email@example.com or via Instragram at @GreenOkanagan. Proof of enrolment will be required, and in exchange, you will receive a Student Discount Code which can be applied at the checkout!
What is ‘vermi-composting’? Vermi-composting, or worm composting, uses various worms to turn kitchen scraps and other green waste into a rich soil. Composting in general allows you to divert waste from the landfill and reduce your overall impact, and using worms to do so allows you to compost in a fun way! Vermi-composting systems are small but mighty, making them an awesome solution to those wanting to reduce kitchen and food waste but are restricted by the size of their yard/apartment/etc. If you'd like to learn more about vermi-composting, see the following article from Planet Natural.
What are the benefits? Composting your organic and food waste helps to lessen your environmental impact by diverting this material from the landfill. Instead of creating methane in a landfill, it will turn your organic waste into a nutrient-rich soil! How cool is that?
Join us for a night of fun, learning, and vermi-composting! There are only 12 seats available per workshop so sign-up now and save your spot. We can't wait to see you there!
*Please note: COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place to ensure the safety of all participants and volunteers.*
- Regular Ticket$71.75$71.750$0